Applications for activated OXINE: Brand May Vary! 8oz. Jar
( citric acid )
Disinfecting commercial animal confinements facilities such as poultry houses, swine pens, calf barns, and kennels: Only use with oxine when you want to fumigate a area with no animals around.
Remove all animals and feed from the premises, vehicles, enclosures, coops, and crates.
- Remove all litter and manure from floors, walls, and surfaces of barns, pens, stalls, chutes, and other facilities and fixtures occupied or traversed by animals.
- Empty all troughs, racks, and all other feeding and watering appliances.
- Thoroughly clean all surfaces with soap or detergent and rinse with water.
- Prepare the active solution by placing 3.25 fl. oz. of OXINE® (AH) concentrate per gallon of working solution into a clean, plastic pail and add 10 grams of the Citric Acid Crystals (no less than 99% pure). Prepare in a well ventilated area. Allow the crystals to dissolve and activate the solution which takes about 5 minutes. To this solution, add 1 gallon of clean potable water. This will yield a working solution containing 500 ppm of available chlorine dioxide.
- To apply, use a commercial sprayer and saturate all surfaces. Leave on for 10 minutes. Active solution may be irritating when breathed, therefore, use a NIOSH/MSHA approved respirator appropriate for chorine dioxide when spraying theses solutions.
- Immerse halters, ropes, and other types of equipment used for handling or restraining animals as well as forks, shovels, scrapers, and other tools used for litter or manure removal.
- After treatment, ventilate buildings, coops, kennels, and allow to air dry.
- Repopulate after area is completely dry.
- Thoroughly scrub feed racks, troughs, automatic feeders, fountains, and waterers with soap or detergent and rinse with clean potable water.